There are many opportunities for HOSA members, advisors and guests to learn more about health and biomedical issues. Be sure to take advantage of all the opportunities at this year's International Leadership Conference!
For the past 36 years, HOSA has offered leadership development to support members, at all levels, to grow as leaders and encourage HOSA members to make the most of their opportunites as future health professionals. HOSA University teaches members leadership skills such as effective communication, goal setting, time management, teamwork and self awareness. The following classes for HOSA members will be offered at the conference:
- HOSA 100 - Middle School Members
- HOSA 101 - For Members
- HOSA 102 - Advanced Leadership
- HOSA 201 - Local Chapter Officers
HOSA 301 - State Officers
HOSA University teach adisors how to provide balanaced academic, technical, leadership and teamwork skills through HOSA strategies and successful chapter activities. The following classes for advisors will be available at the conference:
- HOSA 401 - New Chapter Advisors
HOSA 501 - Advanced Chapter Advisors
The Educational Symposium
Educational Symposium workshops will be presented by professional partners to provide information about current health related issues. Workshops are schedueld throughout the day on Thursday and Friday during the conference. Topics cover a variety of interests. Past workshop have covered topics such as large vet dentistry, health careers in the ARMY, mobile health technology, college readiness, baby catching and many more. Workshop link: hosa.org/workshops
NCHSE Health Science Certificate Lab
NCHSE will be hosting a free health science certificate lab at the ILC. Participants will have the opportunity to earn an industry-recognized certificate as they demonstrate their knowledge of specific skills validated by higher education, industry professionals, and employers. More information.
HOSA will be offering Continuing Education Units (CEUs) for educators. A CEU briefing will be held immediately following the Local and State Advisor orientation. Please print a copy of the CEU Packet for participation in the CEU program at the 2019 ILC.
- CEU certificates will be awarded by HOSA-Future Health Professionals. Chapter advisors should check with their local school administration or state advisor to determine if these CEUs are recognized for meeting state
- teaching licensure requirements.
- The CEUs offered are “Education” CEUs, not nursing CEUs.
- The CEU certificate indicates 10 hours = 1 CEU. If your school measures units by the hour, the certificate will show the hours. A maximum of 20 hours or 2 CEUs will be awarded per person; partial credit or hours will not be awarded.
Competitive Event Judges